Friday, February 22, 2013

More on college

Well I am overdue for a post. I switched where I am living just before winter break. I decided that living in one of the residence halls that requires a meal plan was too expensive. Plus my previous two roommates were also moving to different residence halls. I have my own room now, but there are five other girls living in this little apartment style dorm. When I first switched rooms, the housing office tried to stuff me and another girl into the SINGLE person room, but she couldn't sharing such a small room and I don't blame her. This room is definitely not meant for two girls. I like living here but there are a few things that really bug me. There are only two people here that are actually clean and this includes myself.

As for my classes they aren't bad. I really hate my stupid math class because all of the people in there are not smart and they ask the stupidest questions. I have stopped listening during lectures and I don't practice any homework problems because he only grades one problem and writes it on the board each day for us to solve. Oh why did I have to be one point off on the ACT?!?! Plus I have the class at eight in the morning, and normally this wouldn't be a problem except that I really hate the class plus it is sooooo cold down here during winter. The air is so cold that it burns my throat whenever I breathe. Plus who wants to get out of a warm bed when the temperature is in the negatives??? Not me that's who. The other class that I don't care for is an internet and apps class. Basically we learn how to use microsoft programs. I'm just glad that I decided to take it online. My other three classes I just love!! I'm taking a geology course that talks about natural disasters. My psychology is pretty cool; right now we are working on a project and we have to research and talk about a psychological disorder, my group picked to do insomnia. My favorite class is my english 2010. I never thought that I would ever use english and favorite in the same sentence, but now I am, but that is because my class has a theme to everything we do. The theme for my class is video games!!! I am also doing a project for this class where I have to do a presentation on any game of my choosing!!! It is awesome!!!

Anyway as far as my social life goes I'm pretty sure that I don't have one. I spent about two weeks doing nothing but watching an anime called Bleach. I managed to watch 366 episodes. I do have one friend though, we don't hang out a lot, but next school year we are going to be roommates. So that will be fun. I found out from my geology professor that Cedar City is a potentially volcanic area. Oh and a couple weeks ago there was an earthquake down here; it was tiny, but it was awesome!

I guess that maybe I should post something about Valentines Day... What can I say? I can say that I received a package from my aunt that contained rice krispies, marshmallows, and chocolate. My now 11 year old sister sent me a rose made from tissue paper. My 17 year old sister sent me some dove chocolate. My 8 year old sister called me and asked if I was coming home and when I told her I wasn't she got all sad. So basically I spent Valentines watching anime and eating sugar foods. I did take myself out for great dinner though. It was kind of a lonely day, but I made it through.

 Well that's my boring college experience so far. I hope that you are having better luck with your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment