Wednesday, September 12, 2012

College

So I am into my third week at college. My classes are pretty easy except english 1010. I had to write a weird paper about myself using food as the backdrop. so glad I finally finished that. Being away from home for almost four weeks is really hard. This is the first time I have really been away from home for so long. I have been camping with my ward or at my biological dad's house but even when I was in California I didn't feel as far away from my family as I do now. I had my first emotional break down during the first week of school. I was at a dance and it was so different from my high school. Everyone was in a big group jumping up and down. I felt isolated and different because I don't the same endurance as other people because I am asthmatic. I sat alone for a while just watching everyone. After a while I went back to my room and cried. My room-mate had come back with me and she started asking me about my family. Surprisingly it helped to talk about them.

The residence that I am in has mostly freshman but most of them are kinda strange. But there are a couple who are cool. My room-mate and suite-mates are pretty cool. Although one of them changes personalities when she is with different people and it is kind of annoying. The food here is just a teensy bit better than high school cafeteria food, but just a little, at least here the food is edible lol.

Cedar City is a tiny city right, well it is still easy to get lost in a little city. I was walking to Walmart when the sidewalk disappeared. So I had to find an alternate way around. I ended up walking for an hour and a half before I gave up and went back to SUU. My feet hurt for a couple days after that.

Cedar is a pretty city. I can see the sky more and when it rains I don't get a headache, yay! but it is still a tiny town, I miss my big city, I miss the mall, I miss the closeness of buildings. but they do have a cute little lake (more of a huge puddle) that we can swim in whenever. but I still don't think that I will ever live in a small city.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Sorry you're missing people! For the record, BYU dances aren't that fun either... :( I miss AMES dances! Anyway...hope things are going better -- text me anytime! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete